Re: 2.6.8 kmem_cache_alloc barfs

From: jmerkey
Date: Thu Aug 19 2004 - 17:46:52 EST

regparm=3 in an external modules build creates this problem if you reference internal
linux includes and makefile commands from an externally built module. I notice stack
passing is on where it needs to be in exported symbols **IF** they are defined properly.
There are some holes with this for folks creating external modules that call into a kernel
with objects that are mismatched from the compile.

This was the source of the bug.

Jeff