Re: PATCH: cdrecord: avoiding scsi device numbering for ide devices

From: Frank Steiner
Date: Thu Aug 19 2004 - 09:38:01 EST

Alan Cox wrote:

Any SuSE (or Red Hat or other) modifications should thus clearly state
they are modified. If people are not marking the files as modified and
you want them to you'd have a legitimate rant.

Here's what I see when I call cdrecord on SuSE 9.1:

Cdrecord-Clone-dvd 2.01a27 (i686-suse-linux) Copyright (C) 1995-2004 Jörg Schilling
Note: This version is an unofficial (modified) version with DVD support
Note: and therefore may have bugs that are not present in the original.
Note: Please send bug reports or support requests to http://www.suse.de/feedback
Note: The author of cdrecord should not be bothered with problems in this version.

This states very clear that the original authour should not be bothered.
So I don't see any problem.

--
Dipl.-Inform. Frank Steiner Web: http://www.bio.ifi.lmu.de/~steiner/
Lehrstuhl f. Bioinformatik Mail: http://www.bio.ifi.lmu.de/~steiner/m/