Re: *** Announcement: dmraid 1.0.0-rc3 ***

From: Jakob Oestergaard
Date: Thu Aug 19 2004 - 04:42:05 EST

On Wed, Aug 18, 2004 at 09:06:10PM +0200, Heinz Mauelshagen wrote:

> *** Announcement: dmraid 1.0.0-rc3 ***
>
> dmraid 1.0.0-rc3 is available at
> http://people.redhat.com:/~heinzm/sw/dmraid/ in source, source rpm and i386 rpm.
>
> dmraid (Device-Mapper Raid tool) discovers, [de]activates and displays
> properties of software RAID sets (ie. ATARAID) and contained DOS
> partitions using the device-mapper runtime of the 2.6 kernel.
>
> The following ATARAID types are supported on Linux 2.6:
>
> Highpoint HPT37X
> Highpoint HPT45X
> Intel Software RAID
> Promise FastTrack
> Silicon Image Medley

Just a question; if it has already been answered or is somehow
irrelevant I apologize for my ignorance in advance... :)

Why not add Linux Software RAID (md) support as well? That way we'd
finally be able to get rid of the MD-outside-DM code.

And maybe kill the kernel auto-detection of MD devices while we're at it
(ok, that's probably 2.7 material as it will break a *lot* of systems)

--

/ jakob