Re: ati_remote for medion

From: Karel Demeyer
Date: Thu Aug 19 2004 - 03:29:47 EST

> I sent a patch to support the Medion RC to the linux-usb-devel list in
> April 04 (http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.linux.usb.devel/20928) but it
> got ignored. I think the main problem is to support the different key
> mappings in the driver. The easiest approach would be to expand the
hard
> coded key translation table for each supported RC. If that would be
> acceptable, I could prepare a patch.
>
> Is there a another way to handle remote control key mappings in the
> input subsystem?
>
> Wolfgang

I'm not sure if my key-mappings are the best, but for my use they are
excellent. I added a 'Ctrl', 'Alt', 'Tab', 'Esc' and some more keys.
The 'fullscreen'-button acts as a 'f', as it makes Totem, TVtime, gXine
etc go fullscreen ...

I don't know how, but if I still could help in any way, make it clear
how :)

friendly greets,

Karel "scapor" Demeyer