Re: Crashes and lockups in XFS filesystem (2.6.8-rc4).

From: Nathan Scott
Date: Thu Aug 19 2004 - 02:51:51 EST

On Wed, Aug 18, 2004 at 06:16:57PM +0200, David Martinez Moreno wrote:
> Hello, I am getting persistent lockups that could be IMHO XFS-related. I
> created a fresh XFS filesystem in a SCSI disk, with xfsprogs version 2.6.18.
>
> Mounted /dev/sda1 under /mnt, after that, I have been copying lots of files
> from /dev/md0, then run a find blabla -exec rm \{\{ \; over /mnt and then
> voilà! the lockup:

Did /mnt run out of space while doing that? Or nearly? There's
a known issue with that area of the XFS code, in conjunction with
4K stacks at the moment - was that enabled in your .config?

Looks like something stamped on parts of the xfs_mount structure
for the filesystem mounted at /mnt, a stack overrun would explain
that and your subsequent oopsen.

cheers.

--
Nathan