Re: lkml problem

From: Gene Heskett
Date: Wed Aug 18 2004 - 06:48:26 EST

On Wednesday 18 August 2004 01:48, Denis Vlasenko wrote:
>> >Can you check why do my mails stopped appearing on
>> >lkml lately? My SMTP server reports them as accepted:
>> >
>> >info msg 192270: bytes 23472 from
>> > <vda@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> qp 21977 uid 80 starting
>> > delivery 440: msg 192270 to remote arjanv@xxxxxxxxxx starting
>> > delivery 441: msg 192270 to remote Jens.Maurer@xxxxxxx starting
>> > delivery 442: msg 192270 to remote linux-kernel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
>> > delivery 442: success:
>> > 12.107.209.244_accepted_message./Remote_host_said:_250_2.7.0_not
>> >hin g_apparently_wrong_i delivery 440: success:
>> > 66.187.233.31_accepted_message./Remote_host_said:_250_2.0.0_i7HH
>> >Vve 1030758_Message_acce delivery 441: success:
>> > 213.165.64.100_accepted_message./Remote_host_said:_250_2.6.0_{mx
>> >028 }_Message_accepted/
>> >
>> >My SMTP server's IP is 195.66.192.168
>> >--
>> >vda
>>
>> My filters caught the CC: line and stuffed it to lkml as usual
>> Denis.
>
>Yes. However, I sent a patch thrice (twice before and once after
>the message to Matti) and I don't see that patch posted.
>I checked www.lkml.org.

I noted that in a couple of reject messages the server has posted (and
I don't recall if it came from you, normally they are from some
obviously spammish src) that there is a list of attachement ".ext"
specifiers that they will /dev/null. There have been 2 of those just
this morning, but they get the big red X treatment here (kmail)
before they get lost in the other 10,000 plus messages of this list.

Does the reverse dns lookup work as expected? I think thats another
reason, but since the text msgs are coming ok, I drift off in the
direction of the attachements extension as the reason. This list
seems to be in favor of inlining any patches which removes that
aspect of the filtering done.

--
Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)