Re: Scheduler fairness problem on 2.6 series (Attn: Nick Piggin andothers)

From: Peter Williams
Date: Tue Aug 17 2004 - 19:14:25 EST

spaminos-ker@xxxxxxxxx wrote:
I tried the actual server with a stress test, and I do eventually get timeouts.

I tried with what seemed to be the best setup earlier:
pb mode
max_ia_bonus set to 0

I tried several values for base_promotion_interval but the system eventually
times out after a few hours (it's still better than it used to be, with a stock
kernel, it timeouts in less than an hour).

Could you try it in "pb" mode with both max_ia_bonus and max_tpt_bonus set to zero? That will disable all "priority" fiddling and tasks should just round robin at a priority determined solely by their "nice" value and since (according to your earlier mail) all the daemons have the same "nice" value they should just round robin with each other.

Thanks
Peter
--
Peter Williams pwil3058@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx