Re: Merge I2O patches from -mm

From: Markus Lidel
Date: Tue Aug 17 2004 - 03:28:53 EST

Hi...

Andrew Morton wrote:
Warren Togami <wtogami@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
This is a request to please merge the I2O patches currently in Andrew Morton's -mm tree into the mainline kernel. They resolve all known reported issues with I2O RAID devices. If they can be included soon, it would be possible to implement and test direct installation before FC3 Test2 freeze.
We'll get it in when Linus returns.

Wowww, great news \:D/

Also because Markus would never ask himself, I nominate Markus Lidel as the "maintainer" of the 2.6 generic I2O layer. He has put a tremendous amount of work into improving an otherwise neglected part of the kernel.
No problem with that, but we wouldn't want to go adding Markus to
./MAINTAINERS without his approval.

It would be a great honor for me to be the maintainer of the I2O subsystem.

Best regads,

Markus Lidel
Markus Lidel (Senior IT Consultant)

Shadow Connect GmbH