Re: [BUG] PPC math-emu multiply problem

From: Greg Weeks
Date: Mon Aug 16 2004 - 13:29:29 EST

Tom Rini wrote:

The way I got the LSB tests to pass was to remove the round in the denormalised underflow case. This appears to match the hardware behavior. I've not looked at the PPC floating point model close enough to know if this is proper behavior. It is what the LSB tests are expecting and doesn't cause a failure in any of the other LSB tests.

Have you guys run the LSB tests on some PPC with hw floating point (is
that what you mean by 'matches the hardware behavior' ?) to see if the
test also passes there as-is? And does anyone object to this patch?
Now that 2.6.8.1 is out I'm gonna start committing in a bunch of stuff
I've had queued up and see if I can get Linus to pull. Thanks.

I didn't run the entire LSB, just some of the math tests. I had an 8260 and the 8560 we found the problem on and also a normal x86 box. I think this is the correct fix. At least all of the LSB math tests pass now and the LTP float tests don't complain.

Greg Weeks