Re: 2.6.8 (or 7?) regression: sleep on older tibooks broken

From: David N. Welton
Date: Mon Aug 16 2004 - 09:16:32 EST

Benjamin Herrenschmidt <benh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> On Sun, 2004-08-15 at 18:45, David N. Welton wrote:

> > but it's not the same problem... I removed the ohci_hcd module
> > from the kernel (it's present at boot), and sleep still doesn't
> > happen. I don't even get the "breathing" light, and yet the
> > computer still seems warm after some time, seemingly indicative
> > that it's not really asleep or dead. I can only restart it via
> > the Ctrl-Command-Power combination.

> Best thing at this point is to hack out the sleep code in the video
> driver to see where it dies during the sleep process...

I made the video driver's sleep routing return 0 immediately.

That was enough to at least get a couple of reports from xmon about a
vector 200 corresponding to an address in powerbook_sleep_Core99...
Still investigating, but this is new territory for me, and it's
certainly at a tricky moment in the life of the kernel. Suggestions
appreciated as to what might have changed and what to look for.

Thankyou,
--
David N. Welton
Apache Tcl: http://tcl.apache.org/