Re: [patch] voluntary-preempt-2.6.8.1-P1

From: Lee Revell
Date: Mon Aug 16 2004 - 06:18:15 EST

On Mon, 2004-08-16 at 07:13, Florian Schmidt wrote:
> On Mon, 16 Aug 2004 06:05:15 +0200
> Ingo Molnar <mingo@xxxxxxx> wrote:
>

> > * Lee Revell <rlrevell@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >
> > > Anyway, the change to sched.c fixes the mlockall bug, it works
> > > perfectly now. Thanks!
> >
> > great! This fix also means that we've got one more lock-break in the
> > ext3 journalling code and one more lock-break in dcache.c. I've
> > released-P1 with the fix included:
> >
> > http://redhat.com/~mingo/voluntary-preempt/voluntary-preempt-2.6.8.1-P1
>
> Hi,
>
> cool, i can mlockall_test 500000 without an xrun in jackd! :)
>
> But it seems that this wasn't the only thing causing an xrun on jackd
> client startup. I will try to take another look at the jackd source..

Ingo mentioned that possibly the mlockall issue resulted from both
processes mapping some of the same pages, which was ruled out by using
small test programs, but maybe that is what is going on here. A jack
client and server by definition have to map some of the same pages.

Would it be worthwhile to compile the jack client -static?

Lee