Re: [Unichrome-devel] Dragging window inX causes soundcard interrupts to be lost

From: Lee Revell
Date: Sat Jul 31 2004 - 19:27:49 EST

On Sun, 2004-07-18 at 18:58, Thomas Hellstrom wrote:
> Hi, Lee.
>
> Most of the code is inherited from VIA, but as far as I know, there
> are no locks held except the DRM lock when DRI is used, which it isn't
> in your case.

Thomas,

Do you have the original driver source from VIA handy? This is looking
more and more like a hardware bug - 2D acceleration engine activity
causes interrupts from the PCI slot to be disabled for long periods.
Maybe it disables interrupts to prevent other processes writing to the
shared video/system RAM as it DMAs. I would like to verify that the
problem still occurs with their driver, before I try to convince them
there's a hardware issue with the EPIA boards.

On that note, assuming I verify the bug, does anyone have any
recommendations for getting VIA to take me seriously? The problem is
very easy to reproduce.

Lee