Re: Exposing ROM's though sysfs

From: Martin Mares
Date: Fri Jul 30 2004 - 13:27:06 EST

Hello!

> That might be a good solution, actually. Then it would be cached for devices
> that don't want you to look at it after they've been POSTed too.

There already exists a "pci=rom" switch which tells the PCI core to assign
addresses to the ROM BAR's as well. Either we can offer the files in the sysfs
only if this switch is enabled, or we can create another switch for making
copies of the ROM's during system boot.

Anyway, the devices sharing ROM decoder with another BAR seem to be pretty
rare.

Have a nice fortnight
--
Martin `MJ' Mares <mj@xxxxxx> http://atrey.karlin.mff.cuni.cz/~mj/
Anti-trust laws should be approached with exactly that attitude.