Re: [patch] IRQ threads

From: hui
Date: Wed Jul 28 2004 - 15:47:41 EST

On Wed, Jul 28, 2004 at 04:42:51PM -0400, Lee Revell wrote:
> As I understand it there will still be a place for the current hard-RT
> Linux solutions, because even if I can get five nines latency better
> than N, this is not good enough for hard RT, as you need to be able to
> mathematically demonstrate that you can *never* miss a deadline.
>
> Or are you saying that the latest developments in the stock kernel make
> this possible?

Not quite with this thread and in this stage of development, but this is
quite possible if certain concurrency problems are solved in Linux. RCU is
a potential pain as well as other things. BSD/OS-FreeBSD-current are not
new to this kind of conversion, so this is certainly very possible with
very finite software engineering problems to solve.

Scary ain't it ? It makes me wonder some times.

bill