Re: [patch] IRQ threads

From: Lee Revell
Date: Wed Jul 28 2004 - 15:39:10 EST

On Wed, 2004-07-28 at 15:57, Karim Yaghmour wrote:
> Lee Revell wrote:
> > I am familiar with Adeos, as well as other hard-RT solutions for Linux.
> > I did my homework before deciding that I do not in fact need hard-RT, so
> > I really am not interested in your flamewars, keep them on your RT
> > mailing lists.
> >
> > The part that was obvious commercially motivated FUD (and which you
> > omitted) t in which you badmouth TimeSys and its services, then Your
> > .sig states that you are a consultant specializing in realtime and
> > embedded Linux.
>
> And your point is ... ??? Should everyone on this list who's working for
> a company that is involved in a certain speciality field stop commenting
> on the solutions proposed by people working for other companies?

No, of course not. But please be more specific than 'everything I've
seen from TimeSys is crap, I have talked to some of their clients who
had $FOO problem'. Your complaint was so general as to not be
refutable.

> Attacking someone based on who he works for and what he
> does has nothing to do with actually presenting a case against his
> arguments.

I could not agree more. Your original post had a strong ad hominem
flavor, which was my objection. Of course you are free to attack
anything at any time, on its technical merits, this is what engineers
do.

I am interested in RT as well, I did not mean to imply that I don't find
it a valid topic for discussion on LKML, but you have to admit that your
post bordered on a troll.

Lee