via-velocy problem

From: Ferenc Kubinszky
Date: Sat Jul 24 2004 - 13:32:18 EST

Hello,

I have a via-velocity gigabit ethernet controller on my Abit KV8pro
motherboard. I tried it with kernel 2.6.7-rc1, 2.6.7-rc2 and the
2.6.7-rc1-mm1 drivermodule in 2.6.7-rc2 on A Debian SID.

If I load it at the command promt, it seems to be working without any
problem. I can set up an IP address etc.

If I load it at boot time (/etc/modules) Debian's network setup fails.

It seems to me that the problem is caused by "ifup -a". There is a screen
shot (sorry I'm lazy to type in).

http://wit.mht.bme.hu/~kubi/kernelpanic_via-velocity.jpg

How can I test the driver more precisely?

Best regards,
Kubi