Re: VM Problems in 2.6.7 (Too active OOM Killer)

From: Bill Davidsen
Date: Mon Jul 19 2004 - 15:26:11 EST

William Lee Irwin III wrote:

There is no technical (or even practical) obstacle to implementing
in-core page relocation, only a social one: kernel politics. I would not
be surprised if hotplug memory patches already had code usable for this.

Hopefully that will not prevent them from being put in the kernel :-(

Question: if I create a ramdisk and put a swapfile on that, is it enough to solve the problem, or does the swap have to be on real disk?

--
-bill davidsen (davidsen@xxxxxxx)