momentary sensors failure in gkrellm2

From: Gene Heskett
Date: Wed Jul 14 2004 - 23:52:54 EST

Greetings;

I noticed tonight, while booted to 2.6.8-rc1, that my gkrellm display
was a little short, all the temps and voltages were on the missing
list. So, based on the more eyeballs theory, I rebooted a few times
testing recent kernels.

Backing up to 2.6.7-mm6, it all worked, so I grabbed Andrews rc1-mm1
patch and installed that.

I'm happy to note that the sensors stuff is back among the living and
being displayed properly with 2.6.8-rc1-mm1.

I've no idea which of the patches involving the i2c stuff wasn't right
for my chipset (via686 & winbond 697hf IIRC), but something broke it
just for 2.6.8-rc1.

--
Cheers, Gene
There are 4 boxes to be used in defense of liberty.