Re: kernel oops on ia64 (2.6.6 + 0521 ia64 patch)

From: David Mosberger
Date: Tue Jun 29 2004 - 19:22:31 EST

>>>>> On Tue, 22 Jun 2004 11:34:34 +0200, KOVACS Krisztian <hidden@xxxxxxxxxx> said:

KOVACS> No, it still dies while running the ./configure script...

Hmmh, that almost sounds to me like the hardware might be flaky.
Strange though that it would work with an SMP kernel. I use UP
kernels a lot on my home machine (zx2000) so what you're seeing
certainly seems unusual. Can you try with the latest linux-ia64-2.5
repository? If that doesn't work, I guess we'll have to sit down and
look into what's different about your setup/configuration.

--david