Re: Scheduler: -mm vs -staircase

From: Diego Calleja García
Date: Fri Jun 25 2004 - 18:32:55 EST

El Sat, 26 Jun 2004 00:56:54 +0200 "J.A. Magallon" <jamagallon@xxxxxxx> escribió:

> I start /usr/lib/xscreensaver/glmatrix -fps, and the frame rate starts at
> 25 fps. In 30 seconds it has dropped to 6 fps. The app is still using
> the same cpu time (about 90% of one cpu on a dual xeon box with ht).

For that particular screensaver, notice that glmatrix starts drawing nothing.
30 seconds after the start there're lots of polygons so after 20 seconds
it needs more processing power. It happens exactly the same
but the difference is not so big, from 30fps to 24fps, perhaps
you didn't enabled DRI acceleration?