Re: [Lhms-devel] Re: Merging Nonlinear and Numa style memory hotplug

From: Yasunori Goto
Date: Fri Jun 25 2004 - 13:53:48 EST

> > Should this translation be in common code?
>
> What do you mean by common code? It should be shared by all
> architectures.

If physical memory chunk size is larger than the area which
should be contiguous like IA32's kmalloc,
there is no merit in this code.
So, I thought only mem_section is enough.
But I don't know about other architecutures yet and I'm not sure.

Are you sure that all architectures need phys_section?

Bye.
--
Yasunori Goto <ygoto at us.fujitsu.com>