Initrd image cannot be loaded

From: Beliczay András
Date: Thu Jun 24 2004 - 09:32:17 EST

Hello!

I installed linux kernel 2.4.26 on a Supermicro 6013P-T server with 1GB RAM.
I have a 3ware 8506 SATA RAID controller in it. So I have to use initrd to
load scsi modules and 3w-xxxx driver. With kernel 2.4.22 works everything
fine. With kernel 2.4.26 booting stops with kernel panic because cannot
mount root partition. At next boot I checked the booting process and saw
that initrd cannot be loaded because of some memory problem. Here is the
error message:
initrd extends beyond end of memory (0xc1d80000 > 0xc1d00000)
disabling initrd

(The 0xc1.. addresses is just examples because I don't have the exact
numbers with me here.)

What has been changed from 2.4.22 to 2.4.26? How can I solve this problem?

Thanks,
Andras Beliczay