Re: SIIMAGE sata fails with 2.6.7

From: Fabian Fenaut
Date: Wed Jun 23 2004 - 16:33:00 EST

I think you need CONFIG_BLK_DEV_INITRD, otherwise libata and sata_sil
won't be loaded at boot.

George Georgalis wrote:
I patched 2.6.7 with bk6, configured no SIIMAGE and with SCSI_SATA_SIL. (I got errors with security/selinux/hooks.c so I disabled SELinux)

I changed "hdc" entries to "sda" in fstab and grub, but on reboot my root, sda1, could not be found. Might it be another device? Or something else? config attached.

Next attempt will put root on an ata device, but I'm looking to boot
from sata.