RE: [RFC/RFT] PS/2 mouse resync for KVM users

From: Dmitry Torokhov
Date: Wed Jun 23 2004 - 11:12:51 EST

linux@xxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> > - flag "suspect" packets - 1st bytes with overflow bits set and bytes
> that
> > indicate that Left + Middle or Right + Middle buttons are pressed at
> the
> > same time which is unusial combination. Suspect packets, together with
> > timeouts, are treated as "soft" errors.
>
> I'm a little unhappy with this. They are *currently* unusual, but
> I hate to preclude anyone from using them.

I also had some concerns, it's not the final patch version by any
means... Your suggestions are very interesting and I will try to
implement some of them (acceleration and "suspicion scoring" is a
bit of overkill I think), but I like the "unusial combination" idea
because you can trigger reconnect _at will_. Although with my sysfs
patches one could do it by echoing reconnect to driver attribute of
corresponding serio port ability just hold couple of buttons and
wiggle mouse and have it restore connection seems to be nice.

What if we trigger packets with all 3 buttons pressed as suspect?

--
Dmitry