pbbuttonsd Kernel Access of bad area, Kernel hangs at boot PS/2mouse.

From: Zeno R.R. Davatz
Date: Wed Jun 23 2004 - 02:41:54 EST

Hi

Two problems:

1. I am running Gentoo 2004-Q2 with Kernel 2.6.7 and pbbuttonsd 0.6.1, everything compiled from source.

When I hit the 'power-off' button my Powerbook is supposed to sleep but I get a 'Kernel Access of bad area' and then I need to restart my G4 Powerbook.

Any hints?

I attached a jpg with the screenshot. I made the picture with my Treo600 so the quality is not too good. Let me now if you need a more precise picture.

2. When I start my powerbook it still happens to often that the 'Kernel-Boot-Up' hangs at the PS/2 mouse. I then need to reboot, sometimes 5 times in a row, until the bootup runs through smoothly.

Please cc me, as I am not subscribed to the list.

Thanks for your Feedback.
Zeno