Re: sk_buff structure

From: rahul b jain cs student
Date: Tue Jun 22 2004 - 18:14:38 EST

Thanks for the pointer. It was very helpful. Need to clarify a few more
questions though.

1. Does this mean that all the headers reside in skb->data - skb->head or
just the ethernet header ?
2. Or is it that the TCP and IP headers are considered part of data in
sk_buff and are stored in the skb->tail - skb->data section ?

I ask the second questions because I saw

skb->h.raw = skb->nh.raw = skb->data;

in netif_receive_skb() (/net/core/dev.c) function. With this statement it
would mean that there is no line of seperation between the two layers. Or
am I missing something here ?

Thanks,
Rahul.