Re: [2.4] page->buffers vanished in journal_try_to_free_buffers()

From: Stephen C. Tweedie
Date: Tue Jun 22 2004 - 17:22:57 EST

Hi,

On Mon, 2004-06-21 at 16:53, Marcelo Tosatti wrote:

> > The buffer-ring debug patch that you posted looks like the obvious way
> > to dig further into this. If that doesn't get anyway, we can also trap
> > the case where following bh->b_this_page gives us a buffer whose b_page
> > is on a different page.
>
> Fine. Just printing out bh->b_page at debug_page() will allow us to verify that, yes?

For most cases, yes. There are basically three corruption cases ---
b_this_page leads us to an oops, an infinite loop, or a loop including a
bogus page. Trapping the b_this_page ring walks to trap on any bad
b_page would help in the latter two cases, but if we're always getting
the first case, just extending the existing debug patch would be fine.

--Stephen