Re: sungem - ifconfig eth0 mtu 1300 -> oops

From: Jeff Garzik
Date: Tue Jun 22 2004 - 10:30:22 EST

Chris Friesen wrote:
Just a quick question. Does the sungem chip support jumbo frames? I'd like to use MTU of 9000 to make large local transfers more efficient, but it didn't seem to work last time I checked.

Are you 100% certain you configured the other side to support jumbo?

Jumbo frames are non-standard, and sometimes require configuring MTU on the switch or remote network card (if directly connected).

Jeff