Re: can TSC tick with different speeds on SMP?

From: James Cleverdon
Date: Mon Jun 21 2004 - 15:52:38 EST

IIRC, in the IA64 manuals Intel, by carefully not making any guarantees
to the contrary, reserved the right to have the TSC-equivalent register
not be synchronized either to the bus clock or the CPU clock.

This doesn't directly apply to IA32, but may give a hint as to their
future intentions.

--
James Cleverdon
IBM LTC (xSeries Linux Solutions)