2.6.7-bk way too fast

From: Jeff Garzik
Date: Sun Jun 20 2004 - 21:48:56 EST

Something is definitely screwy with the latest -bk. I updated from a kernel ~1 week ago, and all timer-related stuff is moving at a vastly increased rate. My guess is twice as fast. Most annoying is the system clock advances at twice normal rate, and keyboard repeat is so sensitive I am spending quite a bit of time typing this message, what with having to delettte (<== example) extra characters. Double-clicking is also broken :(

dmesg and config attached.

My guess would be someone broke HPET, but maybe not judging from other lkml reports.

This is the _first_ 2.6 kernel that has been obviously and wildly broken for me :(

Jeff