Re: linux-2.6.7-bk2 runs faster than linux-2.6.7 ;)

From: Andries Brouwer
Date: Sun Jun 20 2004 - 18:17:37 EST

On Sat, Jun 19, 2004 at 04:23:22PM -0700, Andrew Morton wrote:

> The dmesg output is incomplete. You'll need to use `dmesg -s 1000000' to
> get all of it.
>
> I wish that would get fixed actually. Seems a bit silly, and current
> kernels permit querying of the ringbuffer size.

Hi Andrew - not so impatient.
Of course I fixed dmesg before I fixed the kernel.

From: Matthew Gregan <mgregan@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

: Hi Andries,
:
: Attached is a small patch to dmesg that adds support for the new
: functionality in kernel 2.6.6 and upwards to read the size of the kernel
: message ring buffer.

Thanks!
However, dmesg already has this code.

Andries