Re: Matroxfb in 2.6 still doesn't work in 2.6.7

From: Tomasz Torcz
Date: Sun Jun 20 2004 - 16:39:24 EST

On Sun, Jun 20, 2004 at 07:01:14PM +0200, Petr Vandrovec wrote:
> > > video=matroxfb:vesa:0x11A,right:48,hslen:112,left:248,hslen:112,lower:1,vslen:3,upper:48
> > > maybe with ',sync:3' if +hsync/+vsync are mandatory for your monitor.
> >
> > Neither one works. During kernel boot resolution is switched to 1280x1024, but
> > screen become corrupted - there are some green points in upper part of
> > monitor.
>
> It works exactly as your kernel is configured. It switched to graphics, but it does
> not paint your console there because you told you kernel to not do that.
> > Also, the patch from platan do not compile:
>
> And this one too - my patch needs fbcon.
> > # CONFIG_FRAMEBUFFER_CONSOLE is not set
>
> Enable this. Into the kernel, not as a module.

Wow! It works! It not the same mode as in XFree (fb is moved lower by one line),
but it is working!
I don't think if I've met CONFIG_FRAMEBUFFER_CONSOLE earlier in 2.6.x. Also
method of selecing videomode (vesa:xxx stuff, not plain resolution and bpp) seems
strange and alien, but it works with your patch.
When mergin with mainline is planned?

--
Tomasz Torcz There exists no separation between gods and men:
zdzichu@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx one blends softly casual into the other.