Restating the questions

From: Arun Sen
Date: Sun Jun 20 2004 - 10:27:39 EST

Earlier I submitted two questions for patches. I received some responses.
But as the questions were not properly stated, the responses were not very
useful. so, I am restating the questions once again hoping to clear them
up. By the way, I am working on a research project that is studying the
kernel patches of all kind.

Q1. I want to find out what the steps are for submitting and approving a
patch in the Linux kernel? I know that Linus has sent out an email
regarding the patch approval process and I have read it.

Q2. I have looked into a mirror site for the kernel (in the university of
Wisconsin web site) for all kinds of patches for the kernel. I am looking
at all patches for all versions of the kernel. I would like to find out who
the authors are of these patches. Can you help me find this info?

Thanks - Arun