Re: page allocation failure. order:0, mode:0x20

From: Nick Piggin
Date: Sun Jun 20 2004 - 05:56:25 EST

Arjan van de Ven wrote:
On Sun, 2004-06-20 at 12:25, Nick Piggin wrote:

| # free
| total used free shared buffers cached
| Mem: 10260 9844 416 0 240 5004
| -/+ buffers/cache: 4600 5660
| Swap: 33256 3796 29460

Not even atomic allocations memory are allowed to consume all memory.
A small amount is reserved for memory freeing (which sometimes
requires initial memory allocations).

The message should be harmless.

Since atomic allocations by definition need to be able to cope with
failure, how about a patch like this to not warn for this common and
legit case?

CC'ed Andrew: I think it's his baby.

I guess we're at the point where we should quiet down things like
this. Although order-0 atomic allocation failures are pretty rare,
I'd consider leaving them in. Maybe a CONFIG option?