Re: [sundance] Known problems?

From: Ian Kumlien
Date: Sat Jun 19 2004 - 11:12:39 EST

On Sat, 2004-06-19 at 17:56, Andre Tomt wrote:
> Ian Kumlien wrote:
> > On Sat, 2004-06-19 at 15:22, Andre Tomt wrote:
> >>FYI;
> >>
> >>Other than beeing a slow card with mmio-bugs, the only problems I have
> >>had with that card was when having a kernel patched with the now defunct
> >>and buggy IMQ. Problems were identical.
> >
> > Yeah i know about the MMIO bit, but i never had this problem before...
> > Even when loading it with full 100mbit bw (but that was on 2.4).
>
> I have not used the card since around 2.6.4, but it worked fine back
> then. Did some performance testing on it, with high data and packets/s
> rates, so it did get a fair amount of beating.

Yeah, I noticed when testing that it is when you make use of fullduplex
that the driver goes all ape. Ie, the report i sent was about 1mb/s up
and the rest down of the total 5.5 mb/s.

> > Can't it be to paranoid watchdog timings?
> > (Btw, what is IMO, I'd think it meant 'in my opinion' but, heh =))
>
> Not IMO, IMQ, Q as in q ;-)

Ack, =)

> If you don't know what it is, you most likely aren't using it. I'm not
> avare of any distributions having it applied. It's used for combinding
> several network packet queues into one for example.

Which might help the case that i saw... Is it avail from somewhere?

My main problem is that enough of these watchdog thingies and i have
reboot the machine to reinit the hw. (ie, hw is constantly down no
matter what you do... )

--
Ian Kumlien <pomac () vapor ! com> -- http://pomac.netswarm.net