Re: [sundance] Known problems?

From: Ian Kumlien
Date: Sat Jun 19 2004 - 08:33:26 EST

On Sat, 2004-06-19 at 15:22, Andre Tomt wrote:
> Ian Kumlien wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > I changed my networking card back to my dlink DFE-580tx (one of those 4
> > port 100mbit cards that uses the alta chipset). And now the watchdog
> > keep killing the connection.
> >
> > The max bw that is being used is aprox 5.5 megabyte/s (to avoid
> > confusion). Has there been any work done with this recently or during
> > 2.5/6 development? Afair i had no problems with it in 2.4.x when my
> > firewall used it.
> >
> > CC, I'm not subscribed.
>
> FYI;
>
> Other than beeing a slow card with mmio-bugs, the only problems I have
> had with that card was when having a kernel patched with the now defunct
> and buggy IMQ. Problems were identical.

Yeah i know about the MMIO bit, but i never had this problem before...
Even when loading it with full 100mbit bw (but that was on 2.4).

Can't it be to paranoid watchdog timings?
(Btw, what is IMO, I'd think it meant 'in my opinion' but, heh =))

--
Ian Kumlien <pomac () vapor ! com> -- http://pomac.netswarm.net