Re: Subject: Re: make checkstack on m68k

From: Finn Thain
Date: Fri Jun 18 2004 - 11:13:26 EST

On Fri, 18 Jun 2004, [iso-8859-1] Jörn Engel wrote:

> On Fri, 18 June 2004 15:39:38 +0200, Geert Uytterhoeven wrote:
> > On Fri, 18 Jun 2004, [iso-8859-1] Jörn Engel wrote:
> >
> > > Good. Finn, can you resend to me with a signed-off-by: comment? If
> > > you grow bored, you could seperate the i386 regexes (sub..., add...)
> > > as well.
> >
> > If you insist...
> >
> > Add m68k support to checkstack.pl
> >
> > Regular expression combination by Andres Schwab
>
> Ah, no. I really wanted Finn's version with two seperate regexes,
> it's much cleaner. An array of regexes might be the best, but in a
> perfect world, we would have compiler support instead, so I don't mind
> a little ugliness.

Jörn, the best thing about my hack was that it didn't interfere with the
regexes for the other archs. Andreas better solved that problem by
providing the result in $1, by using some foreknowlegde of the objdump
output format.

I whole-heartedly endorse the signed-off-by-Geert and provided-by-Andreas
patch on the basis of even less interference with the existing code. i.e.

http://lkml.org/lkml/2004/6/18/104

But, if you really want my patch, I'll provide it here as well as the m68k
lists... but really, Andreas did a much nicer job given that the assembler
is generated by objdump.

-F