About bttv and cards support

From: Luis Miguel García Mancebo
Date: Fri Jun 18 2004 - 08:41:25 EST

Hi, Gerd and other,

do you think it would be too much difficult to make a few "knobs" in some
place in order to change gpio and the like in bttv driver?

I say that because I have an unsupported 878 card and I'm trying to make it
work. That feature will be very good in order to support new cards because we
can even make an application that starts trying to test different values in
order to find the correct one.

By the way, I sent a new card config a few weeks ago but got no reply. I don't
know if the problem was it was not supporting some features or something like
that. Anyways, my config stoped working (no sound) with newer kernels. This
is for what I'm asking that knobs or adjusts from userspace.

Thanks a lot for the reply.
--
Luis Miguel García Mancebo
Universidad de Deusto / Deusto University