Re: Stop the linux kernel madness - SOLVED!

From: Duncan Sands
Date: Fri Jun 18 2004 - 03:15:18 EST

> Here's the solution we have found:
>
> With the latest SuSE 2.6.5-7.75 kernel sources:
>
> The problem is that /lib/modules/2.6.5-7.75/build points to
> /usr/src/linux-2.6.5-7.75-obj which is some kind of wierd directory
> that has:
>
> . .. bigsmp debug default out smp
>
> So simply removing this symlink and putting back a link to
> /usr/src/linux-2.6.5-7.75 fixes our problems.
>
> So the question is who is at fault here?. We used KBUILD to
> build our modules and obviously the build link in /lib/modules/<kernel>/build
> isn't pointing to the correct source tree.

I don't know if this is the solution to your problem, but /usr/src/linux/README.SUSE
says

(3) Compile the module(s) by changing into the module source directory
and typing ``make -C /usr/src/linux
O=/usr/src/linux-obj/$ARCH/$FLAVOR M=`pwd` modules''.
Substitute $ARCH and $FLAVOR with the architecture and flavor
for which to build the module(s).

I hope this helps,

Duncan.