Re: [Linux-fbdev-devel] color corruption (white becomes pink) in 16 bpp radeonfb

From: Jurriaan
Date: Thu Jun 17 2004 - 00:41:32 EST

From: Jurriaan <thunder7@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, Jun 17, 2004 at 07:31:37AM +0200
> when used at 16 bpp, any white in the picture becomes pink when using
> fbi to view some .jpgs on the console.
> This didn't happen with 2.6.7-rc3-mm2.
>
> It also affects the bootup-penguins: there's a black background, and
> only a pink silhouette inside.
>
> Kernel command line: root=/dev/md3 video=radeonfb:1600x1200-16@85

Somehow, this seems linked to my other corruption problem. I just
rebooted 2.6.7 with David Eger's corruption-fix patch, and both fbi and
scrolling work fine @ 32 bpp. Perhaps 16 bpp itself is broken in some
way. However, 16bpp was working in 2.6.7-rc3-mm2.

Jurriaan
--
I do not want people to be agreeable, as it saves me the trouble of liking them.
Debian (Unstable) GNU/Linux 2.6.7 2x6078 bogomips load 0.09