Re: Programtically tell diff between HT and real

From: Richard B. Johnson
Date: Wed Jun 16 2004 - 17:02:48 EST

On Wed, 16 Jun 2004, Andre Tomt wrote:

> Richard B. Johnson wrote:
> > flags : fpu vme de pse tsc msr pae mce cx8 apic sep mtrr pge
> > mca cmov pat pse36 clflush dts acpi mmx fxsr sse sse2 ss ht tm pbe cid
> > ^_______
> > bogomips : 5570.56
> >
> > I would love to know how you turn in on! This is one of those
> > "latest-and-greatest" Intel D865PERL mother-boards and I've
> > even flashed the BIOS with the "latest-and-greatest".
>
> The usual way is to enable HT in BIOS, and use a SMP enabled kernel.

It's a SMP kernel. There is no 'HT enable' in the BIOS setup.
In fact, there is very little that can be set and, it's even
very hard to convince it that I want to boot from a SCSI and
not from the first disk it finds. One has to remove the battery
to discharge the CMOS so it won't ignore the 'Del' key
on startup. It's a very bad BIOS or a very bad board, I
don't know which.

Cheers,
Dick Johnson
Penguin : Linux version 2.4.26 on an i686 machine (5570.56 BogoMips).