IDE Auto-Geometry Resizing support missing in 2.6.7?

From: Dirk Jagdmann
Date: Wed Jun 16 2004 - 15:15:19 EST

Hello Kernel Developers,

I have just updated from 2.6.6 to 2.6.7. I need to use the IDE Auto-Geometry Resizing support on my system (CONFIG_IDEDISK_STROKE). The corresponding configuration option however was removed in 2.6.7 along with the define in the .config file. Thus when booting my hard disks are not properly detected (only with the clipped capacity).

Was the removal of this option intentional? Was the option renamed or moved?

--
---> doj / cubic
----> http://cubic.org/~doj