Re: Linux 2.6.7

From: Jeff Garzik
Date: Wed Jun 16 2004 - 13:55:58 EST

Dominik Karall wrote:
On Wednesday 16 June 2004 07:56, Linus Torvalds wrote:

Ok, it's out there. The most notable change may be the one-liner that
should fix the embarrassing FP exception problem. Other than that, we've
had a random collection of fixes and updates since rc3. cifs, ntfs,
cpufreq. ide, sparc, s390.

Full 2.6.6->2.6.7 changelog available at the same places the release is.

Linus

Is there any reason why the sis900-fix-phy-transceiver-detection.patch wasn't moved to the stable tree? It's a now for a long time in -mm patches and without that patch, a lot of sis900 cards does not work in full-duplex 100Tx-FD mode.

It still needs work, as the updated driver appears to scan the first phy incorrectly, which IMO would break _other_ situations that are presently working.

I'll try to get to it in the next couple days; the short answer is to look at other PCI ethernet drivers and note how they scan MII.

Jeff