PROBLEM: Airo PCI wlan card not working in kernels after 2.6.2

From: Jacob Hallén
Date: Wed Jun 16 2004 - 09:51:29 EST

I have a Cisco Aironet PCI Wlan card (350 model, I think) which works fine
under kernel 2.6.2. (I get a report about the card type being unrecognised,
but it comes up nicely).

However, this card fails to work under any later kernels including 2.6.7.

It is still detected by the kernel, but when trying to get an IP number
through DHCP it fails.

I have built my newer kernels by copying the 2.6.2 config file and keeping all
settings as they were. I am building the aironet support as part of the
kernel and not as a module.

Am I doing something that is obviously wrong or should I submit a fuller bug
report? If so, should it go to this list, or is it better to go through the
kernel bugzilla?

Jacob Hallén