Re: VM validation question

From: William Lee Irwin III
Date: Wed Jun 16 2004 - 05:00:41 EST

On Wed, Jun 16, 2004 at 11:36:52AM +0200, Zoltan Menyhart wrote:
> I do "some" modification to the virtual memory subsystem.
> How can I make sure that the compatibility is kept ?
> Have you got some VM validation packages, stress tests, etc. ?
> Could you please, indicate how I can pick up to these tests ?

There are few, if any ABI compatibility test suites. By and large,
important breakages are almost immediately observable, and the less
important ones can be fixed up afterward, so I'd encourage you to
proceed with testing by means of targeted testcases when a specific
area is in doubt, and general benchmarks and stress tests for the rest.

-- wli