Re: NUMA API observations

From: Paul Jackson
Date: Mon Jun 14 2004 - 19:09:49 EST

Andi wrote:
> I add some code to go upto a page now.

good.

> This adds a hardcoded limit of 32768 CPUs to libnuma.

Ok - SGI has no issues with a 32768 CPU limit ... for now ;).

> I really dislike this error code [EINVAL] btw ...

Then use others ??

The way I learned Unix, decades ago, the tradition was to use a variety
of errno values, even if they were a slightly strange fit, in order to
provide more detailed error feedback. Look for example at the rename(2)
or acct(2) system calls.

So long as the man page shows them, it can be helpful.

--
I won't rest till it's the best ...
Programmer, Linux Scalability