Re: Request: Netmos support in parport_serial for 2.4.27

From: Jesper Juhl
Date: Mon Jun 14 2004 - 03:27:49 EST

On Sun, 13 Jun 2004, Marcelo Tosatti wrote:

> Jesper,
>
> Two more things.
>
> It seems v2.6 also lacks support for this boards:
>
> grep PCI_DEVICE_ID_NETMOS_ *
> pci_ids.h:#define PCI_DEVICE_ID_NETMOS_9735 0x9735
> pci_ids.h:#define PCI_DEVICE_ID_NETMOS_9835 0x9835
> [marcelo@localhost linux]$
>
> Care to prepare a v2.6 version?

I don't mind giving it a try, but as I said in my original reply I'm way
out of my league here. First of all I'm not the author of the original
patch, all I did was to try and update it to apply cleanly against
2.4.27-pre5. Secondly I don't have the hardware, so the only testing I can
do is check that it compiles cleanly and then test boot a kernel to see if
it blows up.
But sure, I'll see if I can get it worked into 2.6, that'll be a nice
challenge, but I'll probably be needing some help along the way.

> And two, do we really need to move parport_serial.c to drivers/char in v2.4 ?

To be honest, I have no idea.

--
Jesper Juhl <juhl-lkml@xxxxxx>