Re: Some thoughts about cache and swap

From: Jörn Engel
Date: Fri Jun 11 2004 - 09:10:27 EST

On Wed, 9 June 2004 15:32:41 -0400, Rik van Riel wrote:

> Haven't seen many of those, to be honest. The majority
> of the VM problems I get to see are people running a
> workload the kernel didn't expect - a workload the kernel
> wasn't prepared to handle...

Is there a list of those different workloads somewhere? And I don't
mean in your head. ;)

All I notive in my personal use is the cache flushing effect from
use-once data. If that was the whole list, it should be easy enough
to fix.

Jörn

--
"Security vulnerabilities are here to stay."
-- Scott Culp, Manager of the Microsoft Security Response Center, 2001