Re: 2.6.7-rc1 breaks forcedeth

From: Daniel Schmitt
Date: Sun Jun 06 2004 - 08:32:13 EST

Hi,

> Daniel, how do you fix or suggest to fix that? Any way I can get my network
> card on, in your opinion?

if what I suspect about MY problem is in fact true, then for your problem I'd
try the following:

- switch on APIC and IO-APIC support on uniprocessors in your kernel config
- if there is such a setting, switch on APIC mode in your BIOS
- see if this suffices (your dmesg output seems more sane than mine)

If the problem doesn't go away, try the patch at the top of my mail. If it
still doesn't work, well, I might be completely wrong, or you might also be
suffering from BIOS and/or DSDT problems, but I'm even more out of my depth
there than with the issue I saw...

Good luck,

Daniel.