VIA Velocity Gigabit Driver: update

From: Alan Cox
Date: Sat May 29 2004 - 18:51:27 EST

I've posted an updated via-velocity driver to
ftp://people.redhat.com/alan/Kernel

The new tar ball contains the following changes

- Fix two 64bit problems
- Fix various formatting and other related cleanup
things
- Fix crash on down
- Switch ethtool to new ethool ops (fixes ethtool crash)
- Add power management back
- Fix multiple power management bugs in the via driver
(errors copied from and still present in many existing drivers
including 3c59x)
- Remove unneeded chain of velocity_info structs
- Clean up transmit packet length logic
- Added module_license tag note to the header file
- Renamed header file to match c file

The driver still lacks copybreak and scatter gather optimisations. I've
tagged a few possible improvements with "FIXME" in the comments if anyone
is interested.

Alan
--
"... and for $64000 question, could you get yourself vaguely familiar with
the notion of on-topic posting?"